Friday, December 21, 2012

DIY School Parties with FREE Printables!

Happy Friday, folks!
 
We are going to be busy little bees today hopping from one school party to the next, so I wanted to share some of the little projects we have been working on for them:
 
For our daughter's class, they are doing a cookie exchange. Initially, I wanted to do sugar cookies with some pretty icing. But since we already have so much going on, I decided a cookie that required no decorating was the way to go - especially since then I could make Jason make them :)
 
We used this recipe, and it came awesome! The recipe is actually used from cake batter, and makes soft, chewy cookies. To really make these cookies look special, I bagged them up and created a small topper to go with it, using some of the graphics we already had from our Grinchmas Party.
 
 
First, let's take a look at these beauties - when you crack them open, just check out that awesome Grinch-green color!

 
Next, I cut out the labels that you can print HERE.

 
Just staple them to the top of the bag.


 
The next project was for Jameson's class. I am the party planner for his class, and we are doing a 'winter wonderland' theme. Plans are to do the penguin craft and minute-to-win-it games found on my pinterest board.
 
As a small gift to hand out to his classmates, we decided on our take of  this hot chocolate bag. My idea to create a printable file for this instead of doing it with scrapbook paper was based entirely on laziness :)


You can print up this snowman hat label HERE. {I used regular ziploc bags folded behind the packet}.


 
The last project we did was to turn their juice boxes into snowmen, inspired by these.

 
The label is printable HERE and also has a small detail of stick arms on the side. The nose and scarf were cut from felt that I had leftover from recent garlands I've made.

 
I don't know about your kids- but mine are super excited for their parties tomorrow :)
Me? I think I need a nap after this week!
 
xo,
 
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment